ranslation companies and language professionals are always looking for practical solutions for their projects' management. Qabiria can offer assistance in choosing and implementing ERP solutions (Enterprise Resource Planning) for project-oriented corporate management.
In particular, being ]project-open['s official partner, we can assist you in setting up this TMS (Translation Management System). ]project-open[ (www.project-open.com) consists of a complete suite of modules (most of wich are free) suitable for SLV (Single Language Vendor) and MLV (Multi-Language Vendor) companies, along with large companies' translation departments and in general all language service providers.
Specifically designed for this type of clients, ]project-open[ features important qualities and functions thanks to which in March 2007 it was aworded as the best TMS among 16 candidates by leading US consulting company Common Sense Advisory (see Translation Management Technology report).
Specific functions for translation companies
]project-open[ is the tool used by Qabiria for its own internal management!
- Integrated workflow for translation and localization projects - Project files are assigned to translators, editors and proofreaders. Project members receive automatically an e-mail notification about their tasks. It is possible to import directly SDL-Trados analysis log files in order to generate a list of files to translate.
- Internet collaboration - Clients and providers (freelance translators) can upload and download files without size limitations. Instead of attaching files to e-mails, the documents to translate are uploaded directly inside the system through a simple web interface. Freelance translators and project managers can share files and forum messages within the same project tab.
- Integrated accounting - internal staff hours, provider bills, travel expenses... everything can be recorded in the system in order to track costs and expenses.
- Automatic invoicing - Client invoices and provider bills are automatically generated taking required information from translation workflow, considering several parameters, such as the rates entered in Clients and Providers tabs, the corresponding "Trados matrix", source and target languages, the project subject and the quality level.
Totally customizable ad hoc, through the implementation of different modules, ]project-open[ suits all company needs. With ]project-open[ solutions you will dispose of a web based collaboration platform and project tracking system that helps organizations to manage their project workflow from quotes to delivery notes and invoices, all through its progress, with a constant control on profits and losses. With the modules included it is possible to:
- split a project in different tasks
- assign material and human resurces
- control how much time a project member dedicates to each task
- obtain reports for time and cost control
- manage invoices, deadlines and partial payments
Advantages of ]project-open[
- Quick implementation and adaption to changes thanks to a most intuitive graphical interface
- Modular architecture allowing to install and use only the functions needed by the company
- Security at all levels:
- At application level, to prevent unauthorized access
- At a user level, by defining group and individual permissions according to their roles
- Furthermore, security can be completed by the one time password module
- Web-based, it does not require any installation on workstations: employees and freelancers can also connect to the system from outside
- Multiplatform: it works under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Easily personalizable with DynField, no programming skills needed
The application is composed of the following main modules:
Contact us to receive further information about ]project-open[.
- Projects - collaborative intranet platform for project management
- Customers - customer Relationship Management functions, separating potential and active customers
- Providers - gestione di fornitori, acquisti, materiali e collaboratori esterni (freelancers)
- Finance - follow-up and economical outcomes
- Human resources - employees management through profiles, tasks, etc.
- Knowledge management - technology platform consisting of tools like a discussion forum and a Wiki system
- Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence - analyzing and discovering patterns in your business (integrable with OLAP Services of MS SQL Server and Mondrian)
- Content & community - optional modules oriented to online community and Internet transactions for your company
- System and interfaces integration - modules connecting to other systems